Friday, May 23, 2014

My Summer Signature Cocktail: Blueberry Mint Lemonade with Vodka


Are you looking for a refreshing festive cocktail for Memorial Day Weekend or this summer? Well look no further because this adult cocktail I'm sharing with you is simply amazing! Last week Dave, the boys and I went to Liberty Hound Restaurant on the waterfront. Love it there! It was a warm night and everyone was ordering LH's signature cocktails. I ordered the Liberty Lady and was blown away by the taste. It had tons of muddled fresh mint, blueberries, strawberries, rum, soda water and lime juice. Talk about a spectacular adult concoction…yum! I told Dave it would certainly be my signature cocktail for the summer.

Knowing that Memorial Day was right around the corner and the weather forecast was calling for temperatures in the 70's and sunny (FINALLY!) I went out and bought ingredients for this cocktail inspired by Liberty Hound's. I didn't make mine exactly like the Liberty Lady because I wanted to make my very own concoction. Mine includes muddled mint, fresh blueberries and strawberries, vodka, fresh lemonade, soda water and a splash of cranberry juice. Let me tell you, it's pretty darn good! Be careful because they go down quickly and there are two shots per drink. yep, they'll make you feel good in more ways than one! I also made these for the boys but without vodka of course, and they loved them too!

And what's an amazing cocktail with out amazing stemware, right? Liberty Hound serves their signature cocktails in mason jars, which in my opinion sets a cool rustic summer vibe. Well, I was so excited because I happened to find the cutest mason jars for my signature cocktail! Take a look at those babies, aren't they perfect? I love them because they have lids, come with plastic straws and have a chalk board medallion to write names or a quote. Dave just shakes his head now when I buy stuff like that. He used to say "why did you buy that, do you really need that, don't you have a hundred of those already?" but we've been together waaaay too long for him to question my frivolous spending habits anymore. He knows it's a loosing battle. So I simply told him I planned on making him the most amazing, the most refreshing, the most satisfying adult libation ever. Once he took a sip, he forgot all about my frivolous spending!

So if you plan on hosting a party this Memorial Day weekend or you plan on just hanging with your family in the backyard, treat yourself to this Liberty Hound inspired cocktail. You deserve it! Salute to my summer signature cocktail: Blueberry Mint lemonade with Vodka! Cheers!

If you don't have a mortar and pestle simply tear the mint with your fingers. The mint really makes this drink so good!
Look how refreshing it looks!
Impress your guests with this adult libation!
Do you see why I couldn't resist these mason jar babies??
Blueberry Mint Lemonade with Vodka (Click to print recipe)

Serves 2

Ingredients:

  • 6 ounces of vodka
  • 12 ounces fresh lemonade
  • 8 ounces soda water
  • 10 sprigs of fresh mint, muddled
  •  20 fresh blueberries
  • 4 strawberries, cut in half
  • cranberry juice, a couple of splashes
In a medium sized pitcher add vodka, lemonade, soda water and mint. Shake or stir until well mixed. In 2 small mason jars or glasses, add some ice cubes. Pour the vodka/lemonade mixture equally into the glasses. Add blueberries and strawberries in each glass and then add a couple splashes of cranberry juice and gently stir with a straw. You can make this cocktail ahead of time and put all ingredients in a pitcher and keep in the refrigerator…this allows the flavors to meld together, especially the mint.

1 comment:

  1. This drink looks so good -I might try it - of course with little less vodka since I don't like liquor - love mom

    ReplyDelete