Sunday, March 15, 2015

The 2 Ingredient Oatmeal Banana Cookie! (17 Day Friendly)

The 2 Ingredient Oatmeal Banana Cookie
I was looking at my view posts, which basically means how many people around the globe have read/viewed one of my blog posts, and noticed I was getting a significant amount of views on my Tuscan Vegetable Bake post from almost a year ago. I found out that someone reposted my recipe on a site called "allwomenstalk" under the title 29 Tray Bake Meals that will Make Your Taste Buds Tingle. I thought that was pretty cool. Some bloggers don't like when others use their posts, I happen to love it! I primarily blog to share recipes with my family and friends but I also blog to share recipes with everyone…so share my posts away people! So as I was pursuing this really cool site I noticed an article called 2 Ingredient Recipes. I was intrigued, in particular with a recipe called the 2 Ingredient Cookie! Yep, you heard me right…the 2 Ingredient Cookie! The ingredients you ask? Bananas and oats! I was like there is no way you can make a cookie out of two ingredients, and taste good. I had to put this recipe to the test because it looked yummy in the picture, it seemed stupid easy to make and it's 17 Day Diet Cycle 2 friendly. Three incredible reasons to give this recipe a shot.

So while I was making dinner, Lemon Dill Tilapia with a Medley of Roasted Vegetables, I had Tyler make the 2 ingredient cookie recipe. It was so easy for him to make, he kept saying "Are you sure you don't have to add flour or egg to this recipe? What about sugar?" I agreed with him, it seemed odd making a homemade cookie recipe with only two ingredients. So he mashed 4 bananas, added two cups of oats and baked em'. Ten minutes later we had a beautiful looking Oatmeal Banana cookie that tasted delicious! It amazed me that we actually made a cookie with only 2 ingredients! And incredibly healthy to boot!

Since I've been in the 17 Day Diet, I had to give up sweets, which honestly hasn't been terribly difficult, but every now and then I get a hankering for dessert. Like last Tuesday when a group of us went to Ristorante Lombardo for dinner during Local Restaurant Week and everyone ordered delectable desserts except me! This 2 ingredient cookie would have satisfied my sweet tooth and I wish I could've stashed a few in my purse.

So your probably looking at the photos of my cookies and thinking "Hey, I see chocolate chips, that's 3 ingredients!" Yes, we added chocolate chips for the boys. That's the other great thing about this cookie... Add whatever ingredients you have on hand to create another layer of flavor. We even threw in some chia seeds! Add nuts, raisins, cinnamon, peanut butter chips, dried cranberries, coconut flakes or toffee pieces. Be creative or simply stick to the two ingredients in this cookie. 

Skip the granola bar that's loaded with sugar and give this recipe a try. It makes a great snack, dessert, or morning breakfast. The boys loved them and so did Dave... He had 3 this morning! They are soft and chewy, aren't too sweet and taste like an oatmeal cookie. We all loved the taste and the ease of making this cookie. 

Salute, to a 2 ingredient cookie that's easy to make, healthy and delicious! And let's not forget it's also 17 Day Diet friendly! 
Add caption

2 Ingredient Cookie (Click to print recipe)

Preparation and cook time: 20 minutes

Serves: 24

Ingredients:
  • 4 ripened bananas
  • 2 cups of old fashioned oats
Optional: chocolate chips, dried fruit, nuts, chia seeds, etc.

Mash bananas with a blender until mixed but lumpy, add oats and stir. Using a spoon, scoop cookie mixture and place rounds on a cookie sheet. Flatten rounds with your fingers or a fork because they will not flatten or spread while cooking. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until cookies are soft but firm to touch. Enjoy!
The 2 Ingredient Oatmeal Banana Cookie that's 17 Day Diet Friendly
Only 2 Ingredients! Bananas and Oats
Add extra ingredients like chocolate chips, dried fruit or nuts
Delicious as a quick breakfast, snack or dessert
So easy to make and so delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment