Monday, February 17, 2014

Chicken Parmesan - A Family Favorite


Chicken Parmesan is my family's all time favorite food. If I made it everyday I don't think I would hear one complaint. Every time we go out to an italian restaurant Dave always orders Chicken Parm. Zachary is following in his footsteps because that's his number one choice now as well. The boys were very excited once they heard I was making Chicken Parm for dinner tonight. I'll admit, I do make it well but the reason it turns so good is because I don't overcook the chicken cutlets. Here are my secret steps: I make sure to generously coat the cutlets in breadcrumbs, parm cheese and seasonings; I add plenty of olive oil or canola oil to the saute pan and cook the cutlets until they are perfectly golden brown; after that I cook them through in the oven on a low temp. And they turn out crispy on the outside and moist and juicy on the inside every single time. The boys favorite thing after the cutlets have baked are scooping up the crispy tid-bits of breadcrumbs and melted mozzarella cheese from the pan and eating them. There is something so delicious about the combination of pasta, breaded chicken, mozzarella, parm cheese and a ladle of italian sauce over the top. It's a quintessential Sunday family meal. Serve it with some crusty buttery garlic bread and shazam.....delicisioso! Salute to Chicken Parmesan - our family favorite!


Chicken Parmesan (Click to print recipe)

Serves 6

Ingredients:

  • 6 chicken cutlets
  • 1/4 cup olive oil or canola oil
  • 1 cup seasoned italian breadcrumbs
  • 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 1 tb minced garlic
  • salt n pepper
  • 1 egg
  • 1 lb spaghetti
  • 6 slices of mozzarella cheese
  • 4 cups of your favorite italian sauce
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large saute pan heat olive oil and garlic in a pan on medium heat. Meanwhile, whisk egg in a small bowl and set aside. Place breadcrumbs, parm cheese and salt n pepper on a large plate. One by one dip chicken cutlet in whisked egg and then generously coat the cutlets in breadcrumbs. Once all of the cutlets are coated, place them in the saute pan. Cook on one side until lightly browned, 3-5 minutes, then flip over and cook for another 3 minutes. Now place cutlets on a baking pan and cook in oven for 15 minutes. While cutlets are in the oven cook the spaghetti until al dente and warm your italian sauce in a small pan. When cutlets are done place one piece of mozzarella on each and bake in the oven until melted, 1-2 minutes. Plate your spaghetti, add a spoonful of sauce. Add one chicken cutlet to top of spaghetti and add a generous spoonful of sauce over the top. Add some grated parm cheese and salt n pepper to taste. 

Food Impressions:

Nate: Surprisingly did not eat any chicken because he said he wanted to load up on pasta.

Tyler: "Super good and tasty. I don't just like it, I love it."

Zachary: "Yummy, this chicken is my favorite and I love the crunchy stuff."

Dave: "As always, absolutely delicious."

Andrea: Even though I've made this hundreds of times, it's always delicious and never a boring. 



No comments:

Post a Comment