Sunday, January 26, 2014

My Date with Tyler and Zachary

As much as Dave and I value quality family time together, every so often we divide and conquer the boys. With three boys ages 9, 9 and 11 there is always competition for the spot light. We do this because it gives the boys much needed one on one time with us and vice versa. We get to know them better and they get to know us better. I always say I get to know the "real" Nate, the "real" Tyler and the "real" Zachary when I spend time alone with them. Plus they get to know the "real" me, instead of the nagging yeller that I can be! When I am alone with one of the boys we call them "dates." When Dave is alone with one of the boys they call them "hang'n with dad." Our dates are always really special and always involve food! Today, it was Nate's day alone with Dave...they skied together and had a total blast. I had a date with Tyler and Zachary...and we did a bunch of crazy stuff, like did shots of Chlorophyll! When Dave and I have alone time with the boys we text pics of each other showing off what we are doing. I think I won! At the bottom of the post are pictures Dave sent me. Salute to dates and alone time with my boys!
We walked around the village of Ellicottville. 
Our first stop was lunch at Ellicottville Brewing Company. I ordered a glass of Chardonnay...why not, we were on a date!
We ordered their famous "Loaded Nachos with Chicken."
We devoured every last caloric morsel, with no guilt.
After lunch we stopped at Nature's Remedy a health food store. They were serving free shots of Chlorophyll (yes you read this correctly) and Energy Chocolate. We thought, why not try it...after eating 3000 calories of nachos maybe it would make us feel better, more healthy and rid the toxins. Honestly, I didn't know you could ingest chlorophyll, I thought you just found it in plants or something like that. They claim that there are several benefits of drinking it, like cleanses and oxygenates the blood, detoxes the body, heals wounds, fights infection, and is a natural body deodorizer! No offense but whoooo comes up with this stuff!! 
Tyler hesitantly doing a shot of Chlorophyll. Boys said it tasted like mouth wash, I agreed!
I passed on buying any!
Energy in chocolate, fantastic! I did buy some!
Next stop, Kazoo II. By far the boys favorite store in Ellicottville. Funky, unique items.
And final stop, Watson's Chocolates! Our health spurt lasted a whopping 10 minutes.  
We needed some whole milk chocolate yumminess!


Dave and Nate's Big Adventures!




No comments:

Post a Comment